question

Woodrow Chin avatar image
Woodrow Chin asked Phong Vu answered

Getting Call Log for RingOut call

If I have the RingOut call "ID", how can I get the full call log so that I can retrieve recordings?

Is the "ID" the same as "SessionID"?

ringout
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

The id returned by the ring-out API is the telephony session id. Unfortunately, the telephony session id is not a filter parameter of the read call log so you cannot use the telephonySessionId directly to read the record. There are 2 options:

1. Read the call log with a short date/time range after the ring-out call terminated. Then search for the telephonySessionId from the call log result to find the call log of that call.

2. Implement telephony session even notification to capture telephony session events. When you receive a telephony session event, match the telephonySessionId in the event with the id you received from the ring-out call to identify the call, then use the sessionId in the event to read the call log record of that call.

You can also read this blog for an alternative way to detect and access call recording.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys