News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Call monitoring - you don't have permission to monitor
Tags: call monitoring
May 23, 2023 at 10:52am   •   5 replies  •  1 likes
Trish Litterer 275

Anyone having issues with call monitoring the past few weeks? Nothing has changed on our end and we have correct permissions - we cannot monitor calls. It tells us we don't have permission when we do. It has never been perfect when it comes to monitoring but this is just horrific. Tech support has not been able to help after 3 un-successful calls.

on Jan 30, 2024 at 12:14pm   •  0 likes

Its January 2024 and we are still getting this error. Will this ever be fixed?

on Jun 7, 2023 at 9:17am   •  0 likes

Having same issue, please resolve RC!

on Jun 6, 2023 at 4:51am   •  0 likes

Hi Bruno!

Glad to hear we aren't alone. I agree about tech support! They finally determined it is a bug on their end and I just got an email stating it'll be resolved sometime in Q3 (outrageous). After 3 weeks and countless phone calls, screen sharing, and blaming us for not having everyone on the latest version, etc... It was wild. Worst tech support. I hope this helps even though it isn't the fix you were looking for :) I am sure you can tell by my "tone" I am quite bitter. Best of luck!

Trish

on Jun 6, 2023 at 6:09am   •  1 likes

image0.png

We also use click to dial. I am going to test that out today with manual vs click. Thanks for that!

on Jun 6, 2023 at 5:00am   •  0 likes

Hi Trish,

I totally understand, our "tone" is getting there,

we use "click to dial" using the JavaScript SDK, technically you click a link to make ring out call,

seem that Call Monitoring stopped working when using that method but seem to work if the call is made manually via the RC phone app.

Nothing changed on our end and nothing changed on their end as per their documentation,

We'll see how it goes, thanks for your quick reply, I appreciate, I also glad to know we're not the only one with issue with Support, i was starting to take it personally ;)

Bruno

on May 23, 2023 at 11:32am   •  0 likes

Hi @Trish Litterer 275, please try to toggle your permission on and off because it might be a system glitch.

on May 23, 2023 at 11:44am   •  0 likes

Hi Mary! I did that several times.

Thanks!

on Jun 6, 2023 at 4:29am   •  0 likes

Hi Trish,

We're experiencing similar issue which started about the same date as you, Tech support have not been helpful so far,

were you able to identify a fix or the culprit ?

Thanks!

1 Answer
answered on Jun 7, 2023 at 9:32am  

Hi everyone, as stated above from Trish's screenshot. This issue has been identified and will be fixed in the next version that will be released this coming Q3.

answered on Jun 7, 2023 at 9:17am  

Having same issue, please resolve!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us