question

Trish Litterer 275 avatar image
Trish Litterer 275 asked james-samford commented

Call monitoring - you don't have permission to monitor

Anyone having issues with call monitoring the past few weeks? Nothing has changed on our end and we have correct permissions - we cannot monitor calls. It tells us we don't have permission when we do. It has never been perfect when it comes to monitoring but this is just horrific. Tech support has not been able to help after 3 un-successful calls.

call monitoring
8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Trish Litterer 275, please try to toggle your permission on and off because it might be a system glitch.

0 Likes 0 ·
Trish Litterer 275 avatar image Trish Litterer 275 mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Mary! I did that several times.

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Bruno Robichaud avatar image Bruno Robichaud Trish Litterer 275 commented ·

Hi Trish,

We're experiencing similar issue which started about the same date as you, Tech support have not been helpful so far,

were you able to identify a fix or the culprit ?

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Trish Litterer 275 avatar image Trish Litterer 275 commented ·

Hi Bruno!

Glad to hear we aren't alone. I agree about tech support! They finally determined it is a bug on their end and I just got an email stating it'll be resolved sometime in Q3 (outrageous). After 3 weeks and countless phone calls, screen sharing, and blaming us for not having everyone on the latest version, etc... It was wild. Worst tech support. I hope this helps even though it isn't the fix you were looking for :) I am sure you can tell by my "tone" I am quite bitter. Best of luck!

Trish

0 Likes 0 ·
Trish Litterer 275 avatar image Trish Litterer 275 Trish Litterer 275 commented ·

image0.png

We also use click to dial. I am going to test that out today with manual vs click. Thanks for that!

1 Like 1 ·
image0.png (377.1 KiB)
Bruno Robichaud avatar image Bruno Robichaud Trish Litterer 275 commented ·

Hi Trish,

I totally understand, our "tone" is getting there,

we use "click to dial" using the JavaScript SDK, technically you click a link to make ring out call,

seem that Call Monitoring stopped working when using that method but seem to work if the call is made manually via the RC phone app.

Nothing changed on our end and nothing changed on their end as per their documentation,

We'll see how it goes, thanks for your quick reply, I appreciate, I also glad to know we're not the only one with issue with Support, i was starting to take it personally ;)

Bruno

0 Likes 0 ·
Matt Stenzel avatar image Matt Stenzel commented ·

Having same issue, please resolve RC!

0 Likes 0 ·
james-samford avatar image james-samford commented ·

Its January 2024 and we are still getting this error. Will this ever be fixed?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator commented

Hi everyone, as stated above from Trish's screenshot. This issue has been identified and will be fixed in the next version that will be released this coming Q3.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Trish Litterer 275 avatar image Trish Litterer 275 commented ·

Right, that is Q3 and no one seems to care that we are losing money every. single. day because of this. No one. Asked for a call from our RC Rep - did I get one? No. Now it is radio silence. This issue could've been resolved much sooner if your technicians listened and didn't blame everything on the end user for over 3 weeks. Am I mad? Yes! Your dismissive answer is not cool. We are frustrated and we pay A LOT of money for RC!

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Trish Litterer 275 commented ·

Hi @Trish Litterer 275. I understand where you're coming from. Please send us an email at Community.support@ringcentral.com. I'll help you reach out to your Account Manager to ask for compensation if this is affecting your business.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app