News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Imported phones show order pending
Tags: ip phone
Feb 8, 2024 at 1:17pm   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
CRI RC Admin

I used the bulk import form and included the MAC/Serial number. After I did so all the phones are showing "order is pending" status. I tested with a phone and it boots up but in the portal it still showed pending until I rebooted the phone 4 times like an article I found said to do so. My question is, is there another work around as I have 65 phones to deploy and do not really want to have to reboot the phone 5 or 6 times X 63.

on Feb 8, 2024 at 6:13pm   •  2 likes

I would try the following:
- boot up the phones only once
- check the display to see that it is showing the ext. name. (strong indicator that all is good)
- do a test call to confirm all is good.
- move on to the next phone
- you shouldn't care about the status being displayed as "Order in progress"

Reason: If the test call was successful, you know the phones are working. Phones automatically renew their registration with the servers every 30-60minutes (industry-wide). If you wait a few hours you would have the same amount of registrations as if you had done 5 reboots. So it will automatically change to online eventually.

By the way, making calls (the test call I mentioned) should actually make it update the pending status immediately.

2 Answers
answered on Feb 14, 2024 at 11:24am  

I disconnected one of the phones that I rebooted 4 times. It is still showing Online even though the phone is unplugged. While I know it is not affecting service, it does seem to affect my ability to see the proper status of a phone.

I added another phone, made test calls and it is still showing order pending. I will wait to see if it's status changes o it's own

answered on Feb 14, 2024 at 10:58am  

Thank you, I will test that!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us