question

CRI RC Admin avatar image
CRI RC Admin asked CRI RC Admin answered

Imported phones show order pending

I used the bulk import form and included the MAC/Serial number. After I did so all the phones are showing "order is pending" status. I tested with a phone and it boots up but in the portal it still showed pending until I rebooted the phone 4 times like an article I found said to do so. My question is, is there another work around as I have 65 phones to deploy and do not really want to have to reboot the phone 5 or 6 times X 63.

ip phone
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Welcome avatar image Welcome commented ·

I would try the following:
- boot up the phones only once
- check the display to see that it is showing the ext. name. (strong indicator that all is good)
- do a test call to confirm all is good.
- move on to the next phone
- you shouldn't care about the status being displayed as "Order in progress"

Reason: If the test call was successful, you know the phones are working. Phones automatically renew their registration with the servers every 30-60minutes (industry-wide). If you wait a few hours you would have the same amount of registrations as if you had done 5 reboots. So it will automatically change to online eventually.

By the way, making calls (the test call I mentioned) should actually make it update the pending status immediately.

2 Likes 2 ·
CRI RC Admin answered

Thank you, I will test that!

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

CRI RC Admin answered

I disconnected one of the phones that I rebooted 4 times. It is still showing Online even though the phone is unplugged. While I know it is not affecting service, it does seem to affect my ability to see the proper status of a phone.

I added another phone, made test calls and it is still showing order pending. I will wait to see if it's status changes o it's own

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app