News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
"rc mobile" URL Scheme doesn't work as expected with Windows App
Tags: phone
Jan 10, 2017 at 9:07am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
srinivas-karlapudi

When I click on url "rcmobile://call?number=2147175095" in browser (firefox for example) the phone number is populated to SoftPhone App just only one time. After that when I click again on this url nothing happens. I tried to change the number, to change url to "rcmobile://sms?number=2147175095", but the problem isn't fixed.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

p.s. I try to integrate 'click to call' feature in our product.

3 Answers
answered on Aug 30, 2018 at 12:15pm  
Hi, we noticed our NetSuite and RingCentral API stopped working (one touch dialing and such). We are a NetSuite development firm, so we decided to release our own integration to the public. You can get it here: https://www.proteloinc.com/netsuite-ringcentral-integration/

answered on Feb 7, 2017 at 3:23am  
Hello Dean,

We are also facing similar issue. We already implemented RingOut API and WebPhone in our product.
          Additionally we have thought of adding RC URI Scheme. It works well in Mac OS. But in windows ( chrome 56) when we dial out (second time and more) through RC Protocol using window.location.assign, it is getting cancelled.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks
Mathikumar

answered on Jan 10, 2017 at 10:46am  
It is highly recommended to develop an integration app using the Developer Portal instead of attempting to implement custom URI scheme at this time.

We recommend using the RingOut API or using the WebPhone (which is WebRTC, depending upon your integration needs).

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us