News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Desktop App Interruptions
Tags: ringcentral app
Feb 26, 2018 at 8:53am   •   6 replies  •  0 likes
richpapp

USA. I use a headset so the RC for Windows is always up. However, when calls are received at the office, tho not for my extension, each call interrupts my typing! I need to be able to answer calls sometimes, receive call transfers, etc., but should not have the active window automatically change- which interrupts my work. Solution?

6 Answers
answered on Feb 26, 2018 at 6:33pm  
No idea on the first 2 questions.  We are new to RC, but i am learning.

What are the steps to check Presence config?  

Well, I have 3 monitors - so moving the RC for Windows screen to a less used monitor will avoid the interruption?  

Thanks.

answered on Feb 26, 2018 at 1:13pm  
WIndows.  

answered on Feb 26, 2018 at 11:31am  
Windows or Mac?  On Mac I was able to go into settings > general > run application minimized and also settings > calls > display incoming call in standalone window > disabled and it does not interrupt my current window.  I get a bouncing dock icon and also a message center display in the top right only.

answered on Feb 26, 2018 at 9:13am  
USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets 

2018-02-26  A few questions to see a little more about your environment:

1. Is your extension part of the Main Line call queue? 

2. Are there Advanced Calling Rules forwarding calls from the Main Line on your account? 

3. Do you have Presence configured to Ring My Phone every time a calls comes in?   This is what sounds like it is the most likely situation.   Check your Presence Settings for lines you are monitoring. 

Another option is to use Dual Monitors - we have all site secretaries setup that way as their Heads Up Display is always on so they can monitor and route all incoming phone traffic on their main lines to extensions at each of our 28 sites.   This allows them to have the HUD up and visible all day but continue their work on the other monitor without interruption. 

We realize this is not going to work for everyone, but this option does work

answered on Feb 26, 2018 at 11:52am  
I have windows, but i am seeing these in the same place.  I have tried to change my settings and will see if I still have the issue. Thanks Brandon!

answered on Feb 26, 2018 at 8:55am  
i would like the answer to this as well.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us