News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
is it possible to have a different custom message for different telephone numbers
Tags: voicemail
Jan 17, 2019 at 1:10am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
nickcowell

Hi,

I am in the UK and have multiple telephone numbers coming into one phone. I am just a small business.

I have just bought a fellow competitors telephone number and would like to know if it is possible to record and use a separate custom message when I cant answer the phone.

Basically what i am asking is whether my own business (business 1) can have one voicemail message, announcing business 1s name and the new business (business 2) can have a separate voicemail message announcing the name of business 2. All calls come to me using ring central on one account.

Many thanks

2 Answers
answered on Jan 17, 2019 at 4:44am  
Yes, you can.  Simply setup Call Queues for each greeting you need and add your extension as a Member.  Customize the greeting and settings for each, add the phone number to the respective queue and you're running.  You can set each to send the voicemails on them (wav file and/or Voicemail to Text) to a common email address. 

Additionally, if you install the PC application on your computer you can see which call queue the caller dialed so you can answer it with an appropriate greeting.  I use my desk phone and not the app, but I have the app installed on my PC and it pops up when the phone rings and I can see what number was called.

RC tech support can walk you through this.  They are damn good!

answered on Jan 17, 2019 at 9:21am  
Thats great, thanks for your detailed response. Ill go and take a look now.
Many thanks

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us