Question

How can we disable GLIP for all Users? Have looked at "Roles" under "Users" in Admin account and do not see option to disable GLIP

• 17 March 2020
  • 6 replies

How can we disable GLIP for all Users? Have looked at "Roles" under "Users" in Admin account and do not see option to disable GLIP

6 replies

From a similar conversation from a month ago.

https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/completely-disable-glip-direct-messaging

Seems you might have to make a request from senior technicians and it is subject to approval. 
Could be it is unable to disable Glip, you can definitely disable the user you want to disable, but then their entire account will be disabled and they will not be able to use Glip with your company credentials as they can still use it with their own ones as glip is a free app that anybody can have.

In our company we do have some users where Glip is disabled, we're doing it through our custom firewall, where we blocked all URLs Glip is using.
I made the request to disable GLIP for our account during Implementation with our account Implementation Analyst and Senior Technician and they simply said no way it can't be done. I was instructed to block GLIP using our headend to block it from access. We are a multi-site customer with multiple locations. I have taken other measures to ensure our user base does not know about or cannot log in to their GLIP account. Thankfully they have not discovered free GLIP.
Hi Jay! 

You need to create a Custom Role first, uncheck the part for RingCentral Apps, then you have to assign a user. 

Please let me know if you have further questions! 

Has there been any resolution to this? Now that the old app is being decommissioned and users will need to use the integrated one, we need this now more than ever for compliance reasons.

With everyone else on this. I've just asked our account manager to disable Glip across our account. Its a data protection disaster. And making it the only app that will work on mobile devices makes it impossible to block on firewalls etc on the perimeter. If this can't be disable across our tenant we'll need to urgently switch provider. Thankfully we're out of contract, but its a mountain of work that we will have to undertake.