question

cristiano-souza avatar image
cristiano-souza asked cristiano-souza commented

Using two extensions with ATA Cisco SPA122

Hi, folks! I managed to register a ATA Cisco SPA122 to Ringcentral. However, provided it has two ports for analog phones, I was wondering if it would be possible to have two different Ringcentral extensions (same account) connected into this ATA. My account is for US, Ultimante. Thanks.

hardware
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

michel5476 avatar image
michel5476 answered cristiano-souza commented
I have not programmed the SPA122 in a couple of years, so my memory might be a bit off, but I believe that there are 2 separate SIP setups in the configuration options of this device, one for each phone port.  So you need to register/program each port with RC as if it is 2 separate devices.  RC would see it as 2 separate phone devices with 2 separate SIP registrations to 2 of your phone lines.
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

cristiano-souza avatar image cristiano-souza commented ·
Tks, Michel. I have configured one extension via assisted provisioning and the second one via manual provisioning. Eventually, I got the two extensions working with the same ATA.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app