question

Thompson Wiley avatar image
Thompson Wiley asked Becky-Community_Manager answered

Ignore calls during Meeting?

My users recently reported (and I confirmed with my own testing) that RC Phone and RingCentral are now allowing calls through during an active RingCentral Meeting session. This previously wasn't the case, and I have been told by RingCentral support that this is an intended "enhancement". Has anyone found a workaround, besides setting yourself to DND?

For the RingCentral staff: if this is truly an intended enhancement, I recommend reversing that decision. Being in a RingCentral Meeting (at least in a business setting) generally means you don't want to be disturbed unless it's important. And for situations that are so important that it can't wait for the meeting to be over, there are usually other methods of reaching someone, such as a cell phone.

ringcentral appmeetingssoftphone
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

colin-bodkin avatar image colin-bodkin commented ·

Will someone from RingCentral confirm this is intended functionality on this post? I agree and my users are not happy with being interrupted in meetings. The reality is someone is in a meeting and their RingCentral desktop app and mobile apps starting ringing mid sentence. They have to ignore the call or send it to voicemail then apologize to everyone for the interruption. Please, please, please address this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Edward Huels avatar image Edward Huels commented ·

Has there been an activity on this issue? We are new to RingCentral, but I agree that it would be best if calls were silenced or sent to voice mail while the user is in an RC Meeting or RC Video session. It appears the only option is for the user to manually set their account to DND.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kip Stoltzfus avatar image Kip Stoltzfus commented ·

Not only this but you can not ignore a ringcentral call on your app, if you hit ignore the call just come back and keeps ringing... ridiculous

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered

It is correct that you have to manually set yourself to DND, however, we have an idea in the Ideas Portal that we encourage you to vote on so we can prioritize with the Product Team.
https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/ENTCOM-I-188

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app