question

dee-nicole avatar image
dee-nicole asked dee-nicole commented

Dept. Managers

This post is simply to suggest a feature to RC developers:

Would you please create a function so that someone can see analytics for some users but not all? This way the manager of a department may access analytics for their department without being given access to the entire company.

Thank you for your consideration.

permissions
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Do you refer to a feature for the Live Report? Or do you want to build such an app for your company?

0 Likes 0 ·
dee-nicole avatar image dee-nicole commented ·

Hello, thank you for your reply.

Logging in to the admin portal would be fine. I would just like to restrict what the person can access. So they can access details/analytics for one department (certain users) but not the entire company. I would guess we are not the only company that would benefit from such a feature.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ dee-nicole commented ·

Thanks for clarification! This is kind a customer/user question. Let me move this to the "Customers" community to see if they have some option/solution for this.

0 Likes 0 ·
dee-nicole avatar image dee-nicole commented ·

They do not. I was advised by tech support to contact the developers, hence my message.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered

Hey, @dee-nicole - We would recommend you submitting this as an idea. You can do that via our Ideas Portal HERE.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app