question

Karen Blanchard avatar image
Karen Blanchard asked System Admin edited

no conference call set up capabilities

Was this feature removed in the latest desktop version?!! Only video call is available that we have seen. Not every conference call needs or wants to be video, as a long-time customer we are disappointed that Ring Central removed this feature that we had relied on and will be a consideration on our next renewal.

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered Karen Blanchard commented

Hello @Karen Blanchard, our conference call is located in the Team Group chat. It is the 3 vertical dots on the right upper side below your avatar. Please see the image below.

2020-11-21-06-16-09.png

Thank you!

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Karen Blanchard avatar image Karen Blanchard commented ·

Thank you but this starts a call with my team. I want to send a conference dial -in number to outside my team. Shouldn't this be under the phone call section?

0 Likes 0 ·
jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ Karen Blanchard commented ·

Apologies. We're always working to improve. The conference call from the new app outside team is not available as of the moment. We can provide the call-in details through our WEB portal. We will also share this with our Product Managers. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

0 Likes 0 ·
Karen Blanchard avatar image Karen Blanchard commented ·

This is a critical feature that we regularly use, that all of your competitors offer. Not every conference call needs to be a video call. Please consider putting this back in. Additionally the app is not very user friendly - the old app was straight forward and clear. At the very least allow customers to return to the old app. We will have to re-evaluate.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ted Hughes avatar image
Ted Hughes answered

I agree with Karen. Being able to schedule a conference call using Google Calendar is critical. I am extremely upset that this feature was removed without warning and would like it back.

1 |3000

Steven Weber avatar image
Steven Weber answered

I also agree- in fact, the primary reason I just got a Ring Central account was to do exactly this- schedule audio conference calls from within the calendar

1 |3000

System Admin avatar image
System Admin answered System Admin edited

Apparently, the conferencing feature was also removed from the RingCentral Outlook add-in?? I just installed it for my Outlook and I don't see the conference icon to be able to setup and invite participants to a conference call. So, it appears the only way to create a conference call appointment is to sign into the admin portal and setup a conference call from there.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app