News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Webhooks stopped working
Tags: rest api
Apr 21, 2021 at 11:58am   •   4 replies  •  2 likes
Shelby Tolliver

Hi. We've stopped receiving webhooks in our production account as of late last night (4/20/2021). Subscription is active and current.

Thanks for any assistance on this.

4 Answers
answered on Apr 23, 2021 at 12:07am  

Same for us - webhook doesn't work! Yet it has status Active, received SMS appear in RingCentral console but server access logs prove the hook was never triggered.

answered on Apr 21, 2021 at 11:43pm  

Hi All - our webhooks stopped working at the same time. I am about to try and re-create the subscription. I will update here with any progress in testing.

answered on Apr 22, 2021 at 1:18pm  

Same here - Webhooks are not working for us as well

answered on Apr 21, 2021 at 12:14pm  

My webhook notifications work well on production. Can you double check the address, or delete and create a new one to check?

on Apr 21, 2021 at 12:45pm   •  0 likes

Phong,

No changes on our end. I'm using the https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Subscriptions/createSubscription user interface to create the new subscription. I've successfully removed the old but having trouble getting the "createSubscription" to work. Am currently getting a "WebHook server response is invalid" SUB-525 error. It may have to do with the value I'm specifiying for "verificationToken". What value should be supplied for that parameter?

Thanks

on Apr 21, 2021 at 2:02pm   •  0 likes

Ok. Webhooks still not delivering to our production account (w/new subscription). What to check next?

on Apr 21, 2021 at 2:06pm   •  0 likes

Can you test if it works for your local address using e.g. ngrok? Where, btw do you run your code? Is that on AWS and is behind an AWS Load Balancer etc.?

on Apr 22, 2021 at 5:34am   •  0 likes

Phong,

I've just tested locally w/ngrok. It's working, but it appears that my production subscription is also, now working again so not sure that this tells us anything at this point.

on Apr 22, 2021 at 10:00am   •  0 likes
on Apr 22, 2021 at 11:48am   •  0 likes

Thanks for the update Phong. So, in the process of getting our webhook process re-started I removed all the subscriptions in our list. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that each subscription was on behalf of each of our RC companies (using our product). I've been trying to re-create the subscriptions on behalf of these clients (companies) without any luck. I have all TokenInfo and accees/refresh tokens for these clients. Will each client have to log back in to establish these subscriptions, or is there a way for me to do that?

on Apr 22, 2021 at 1:54pm   •  0 likes

No, you don't have to ask your clients to login again. As long as the tokens are valid and you can refresh them using the refresh tokens, you are good to call APIs. The only problem is to create new, update or renew subscriptions will be interrupted during the downtime when it happens. Fortunately, the team is actively working on it so they will restore the operation as soon as they can. My experience on this is that some time it is down for just a few minutes. But there last week once it was down for around 3 hrs. All you need to do now is if you can change the implementation, just handle the failure gracefully by setting a timer to retry every minute.

on Apr 21, 2021 at 2:16pm   •  0 likes

Actually, our prod servers are behind a Rackspace load balancer.

on Apr 21, 2021 at 2:35pm   •  0 likes

I have heard from others that they experience the same problem with certificates and load balancers. Are you able to try with a local address or direct server?

on Apr 21, 2021 at 12:58pm   •  0 likes

Nevermind Phong. I "fat fingered" our server address. The new subscription has been created. Will check again for events and report back. Thanks

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us