Skip to main content
Question

Cisco ATA 191 Successfully provisions but never shows as online

• 16 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I have recently purchased a Cisco ATA 191 for use with an analog phone system I need for a specific use case. I can successfully provision the ATA, but after a successful provisioning the device never shows as online, and does not work with any analog phone that I try. 

My guess is I have to configure something on the ATA itself regarding TLS connection settings, but I can’t find any documentation anywhere to guide me through this process. The only thread I can find on the RingCentral community points to a help article that now redirects to a 404 page.

Can anyone provide any help?

3 replies

Userlevel 4

What are you using to gauge if the ATA has been provisioned successfully or not?

When you say “it never shows as online” are you looking at Phones & Devices > User Phones and seeing that the status isn’t green?

If the ATA is bought from RingCentral, and if it is assigned to a user extension which is activated, then I would think about checking the network requirements.

I bought the ATA separately and went through the automatic provisioning process through the Ring Central Admin Console. When I view provisioning instructions on the device’s page, it says, “Configuration is now complete. Your phone should now be rebooting and will provision itself on reboot.”

Accessing the ATA itself via IP address also shows that the sip.ringcentral.com information has been applied to the ATA.

I am looking at Phones & Devices > User Phones. The status icon shows the device being offline, even after assigning it to an extension.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Morning,

It might be a tad older at this point, but may be valid for the fields to check in the ATA setup. (see attached)

We had quite the time getting our ATA’s to talk with RC - finally did a factory reset and went thtough line by line with one of their techs that knew which end of a cable got plugged in.  ;)

It’s not a step-by-step - rather a check to see if this screen has these settings/variables file.  Please screen capture your settings before making any changes.  While not the exact model - this worked for the ciscso 8800 and the OBIHAI’s we have for the remaining fax machines, and have zero issues over 3 years.

Let us know.