Skip to main content
Question

Difficulty setting up text messaging

• 18 July 2024
  • 2 replies

My company is having some difficulty setting up text messaging through Ring Central. In the Admin portal, it says our TCR was registered. However, we still don’t have the ability to send TEXT messages. We reached out to their support and received some very unprofessionally written responses. These emails basically said we need to add language about how users can opt-in, opt-out, etc. of our text messages. However, we do not plan on running SMS campaigns, nor collecting phone numbers. We simply want to message someone on their phone, like you can do through Google Voice (which is what we used before). We are now being told to seek legal counsel for this issue, when I am not sure why. 

Has anyone else run into this issue and if so, how was it solved? Thank you. 

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

How  odd…  but hey - sometimes that’s RC.

There’s 3 steps to the complete registration for SMS

When you first click into the TCR, it’s showing the Brands - if that shows ‘Registered’ like you said, click over on the ‘Campaigns’ tab.    Is there one listed there, and does it show Registered as well?

If those two both show registered, now click over to ‘Number Assignment’  - each extension/phone that will be sending through that Campaign has to be listed here.  THIS is what then links everything together and makes it possible to send/receive SMS.

If you don’t have a Campaign - that will be your next step - getting that filled out and submitted.  Once that shows Registered, then you can do the Number Assignment.

That make sense?  For us, we are the same - no marketing campaigns, no website sign-ups, etc.  but you still have to run the brand/campaign route according to RC..

If all that’s happened and you still can’t - any message pop up in the web app or phone app when you try sending?  

I will say that if you have over 49 numbers for a campaign, there’s more hoops to jump through.

Let us know.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@hueman If @Joe Cache’s help doesn’t address the issue, please circle back. 
We can help to escalate your issue and ensure you’re moving things forward.