Skip to main content

TCR Best Practices Resource

• 18 July 2024
  • 7 replies

We know TCR can be difficult to navigate, but our TCR team pulled together this TCR best practices deck and we're sharing it here to make sure you have support at your finger tips.

TCR SMS - Customer Best Practices  

Should you have any questions or need further clarification, please don't hesitate to drop a comment below! 👇

7 replies

I could use some help with correcting my SMS registration!  My website intake form complies with everything requested as well as my opt in and opt out language. The privacy policy is also linked.  I still am getting rejected for the following reasons:

• opt-in language required o website if its intake form is used to collect phone numbers.  My opt in language is as follows: 

I would like to receive Cruise Planners travel text messages for:

Travel Reminders and Updates on your Upcoming/Future Trip
 Cruise, Resort, and Tour Itinerary Options
 Trip Summary Itineraries
*Messages and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt-out or HELP for help. Message frequency varies. By opting in, you consent to receiving SMS messages. Privacy Policy (link)

• Opt-out language missing from sample messages

My Messages: 

Start: Welcome to the Cruise Planners Travel Messages SMS program. Thank you for subscribing.  Reply HELP for help.  Reply STOP to unsubscribe.  Msg&Data Rates May Apply.

Stop: Cruise Planners:  Text messages from Cruise Planners are now disabled.  You will not receive any more messages from this number.  Reply START to resubscribe.

Help: Cruise Planners:  Need help?  Please reach out to your travel advisor and they will assist you at their earliest convenience. For technical support relating to this messaging service please contact messaginghelp@cruiseplanners.com

What am I missing?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @VickieRWe can arrange for someone to walk you through the proper procedure for submitting your campaign. Could you send me a direct message with your account details and contact number, please? Thank you!

4 failed approvals, 15 emails to our website provider to make requested changes to our website, 3 phone calls, and countless hours of me trying to figure out what Ringcentral really wants…. All to no avail. 

At this point I can only assume that there is no way to get approved…. 

Issues listed so far…. 

• Opt-Out language missing from sample messages
  • Opt-In language on website needs to be specific to SMS and not included with other forms of communication (voice, email, etc.). 
  • SMS Opt-in Box may not be prechecked or mandatory
  • Compliant privacy policy is required on website.

Newest denial : 

• Opt-In language on website needs to be specific to SMS and not included with other forms of communication (voice, email, etc.).
    • Examples of opt-in language on our site: 
      • By filling out and submitting this form, you agree to receive text messages from Property Management Inc. related to your inquiry. Message & data rates may apply.

After this exact phrasing in an earlier denial I got suggestions from Ringcentral on what change I should make. How is this not specific to sms and not included with other forms of communication?! I even removed all other forms of communication from our opt in language and it only covers SMS. How much more specific can I get than to remove all other forms of communication in our opt-in language? 

Userlevel 4
Badge

4 failed approvals, 15 emails to our website provider to make requested changes to our website, 3 phone calls, and countless hours of me trying to figure out what Ringcentral really wants…. All to no avail. 

At this point I can only assume that there is no way to get approved…. 

Issues listed so far…. 

• Opt-Out language missing from sample messages
  • SMS Opt-in Box may not be prechecked or mandatory
  • Compliant privacy policy is required on website.

Newest denial : 

• Examples of opt-in language on our site: 
      • By filling out and submitting this form, you agree to receive text messages from Property Management Inc. related to your inquiry. Message & data rates may apply.

After this exact phrasing in an earlier denial I got suggestions from Ringcentral on what change I should make. How is this not specific to sms and not included with other forms of communication?! I even removed all other forms of communication from our opt in language and it only covers SMS. How much more specific can I get than to remove all other forms of communication in our opt-in language? 

Hi @Thomasd I will personally arrange for a knowledgeable and experienced Support to assist you with your TCR-related issues. They will contact you directly to schedule a convenient time for a detailed discussion of your concerns and to offer tailored solutions. Please rest assured that we take your TCR concerns seriously and are committed to resolving them promptly and effectively.

I’m on my 3rd attempt for conversational messages. Here’s what I got this morning.

Unfortunately, your Conversational Messages SMS registration was not approved by TCR for the following reason(s):

-Campaign Attributes do not match website and/or sample message content. [More detail would be helpful.]
-Three (3) Unique Sample SMS Required. [I did that.]

Once you have corrected the above issues with your registration, please resubmit your SMS application in your online account. Resubmissions may incur additional application fees and may take up to 20 business days for approval.

Personally, due to an utter lack of support or documentation for this, I think RC should eat the additional application fees. They’re really dropping the ball on this.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I’m on my 3rd attempt for conversational messages. Here’s what I got this morning.

Unfortunately, your Conversational Messages SMS registration was not approved by TCR for the following reason(s):

-Campaign Attributes do not match website and/or sample message content. [More detail would be helpful.]

Once you have corrected the above issues with your registration, please resubmit your SMS application in your online account. Resubmissions may incur additional application fees and may take up to 20 business days for approval.

Personally, due to an utter lack of support or documentation for this, I think RC should eat the additional application fees. They’re really dropping the ball on this.

Hey, we know this isn’t easy and the Community Team wants to help. 
@Mary-Community_Moderator Can you make sure someone reaches out to @GeekyGarden directly to talk this through?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey, we know this isn’t easy and the Community Team wants to help. 
@Mary-Community_Moderator Can you make sure someone reaches out to @GeekyGarden directly to talk this through?

Certainly! I’ll forward your concern and make sure that someone gets in touch with you, @GeekyGarden.