Skip to main content

I use the Ring Central for my current company and I'm starting a second job that also uses Ring Central for phone service. Can I have both companies set up to work on my smartphone simultaneously? I am the owner and admin for the first, but only an employee for the second.

That’s a fun scenario. So let’s see if I got this right:

You have 2 user extensions:
userCompanyA_owner
userCompanyB_employee

Desired outcome:
You want to be able to take incoming calls for both extensions at the same time.
You want to be able to make outgoing calls with caller ID for the respective company.

You can put a forward from your own companyA to CompanyB where you are employee.
This way you won’t miss calls.

In order for you to present the correct Outbound caller ID for outgoing calls:
- in the mobile app click on your profile picture > Switch accounts.
and toggle between the 2 user extensions. 

probably better solutions would be to have 2 smartphones or to use a virtual machine. (I know next to nothing about virtual machines so not sure if this would make it possible to run 2 instances of the RC app on your smarthphone, but sounds plausible to me)

Or…  just a thought 

Run the numbers in as normal, using a multi-level IVR - just make multi-site as well.  That way you can have a Sales department, Service, etc. and it makes you look like a 800 lb gorilla.  :)  Sure, all the IVR choices go to the same extension, but they don’t need to know that.  You could go as far as a call queue for each, so you’d get the incoming caller id stating which department they are calling.

You would also be able to set the outgoing caller id number per extension - so no need for multiple accounts.

You would have to make sure that your Caller ID’s are set right so that the company names are correct depending on the number.

The downside to the multiple accounts on RC is that you can ONLY be signed in to one at a time …  yeah - it’s that broken.

Hope that helps.