Skip to main content

Anyone else have issues with firmware update crashing their phones?  We can no longer receive calls for our business, everything goes to voicemail.  After spending 5+ hours this afternoon, they agreed that we need new hardware agreed to replace all of our devices.  However, a few hours later, I received an email saying that we were outside of our warranty and to please call them about purchasing new hardware because they wouldn’t replace.  I’m sure we’re not the only business with this issue and am thinking this might be grounds for a class action lawsuit.  We paid a lot of money for this hardware and I never received an option for an extended warranty.  I also didn’t expect all of the phones to go out at the same time.

@TamdgHDC Let me connect with the team member handling your case. We’ll start an email discussion with you via Community.Support@ringcentral.com 

As a quick follow up - I was able to get in touch with the agent who owns your case and she indicated that she will be replacing the phones. 
Also, sounds like she’ll be circling back on updating some other information for you. 

If you need anything further, or anything slips through the cracks, please give a shout @TamdgHDC 

thank you for stepping in, BeckyH.  They’ve agreed to replace 3 of our 5 phones.  As of yesterday, 1 was still working but today it’s no longer online.  So, we need all 5 replaced and our support agent is working on that.  My concern is that a Yealink replacement might not be sufficient unless they can confirm that they’ll work with the new firmware that was pushed out.  Can you speak to this?  Apparently, this is a known issue and quite a few customers are having issues.  Thanks again for the reply.

UPDATE:  I’ve been talking to support and they’ve agreed to replace all of our hardware, free of charge.  This is a known issue with Yealink so it sounds like there is a good system for getting this resolved for customers.  Once we got through the initial, several hours of trouble shooting, I have to admit the customer service we received from Mary was fantastic.  She was very thorough with her follow up and has made the resolution process much easier.

@TamdgHDC Excellent! So glad we were able to turn this around for you!
Stay in touch and let us know how things are going!