Skip to main content

We have a fax-only account, with up to 25 users able to send faxes via email. We hired a new person today, and when I went to add them to the list through 'outbound fax settings', the list of email addresses isn't there. How can I add new users? Also, possibly related, it seems that outgoing email faxes aren't going. Two of us tried. Nothing showed up in outbox or sent, no confirmations were received. It was working last week. Any ideas?

Case 15088527 24 hours old. SPF and DKIM are enabled and verified. Please have support re enable. Thank you

I'm having the same issue. Just realized none of my faxes have gone out for the past 6 days. Been using this service for many years.

RC just sent the below notice out a few minutes ago (at least they know it is a systemic issue at this point. I am assuming since it is affecting multiple customer's accounts, they will fix it timely. RC wouldn't just shutoff everyone's ability to fax without any notice of their changes to SPF, DKIM and DMARC requirements bc they would be opening themselves up to multiple lawsuits due to major account changes without notice....

Good day.

The issue that you have reported in this ticket is related to a Known Outage we currently have in our system.

INC-34495 - A portion of RingCentral customers may be experiencing issues with outbound fax failing when using Email2Fax services. INC # - Description

At this point, we will be placing this case into an Outage status. This means that we are investigating it and there is no currently available ETA when it will be resolved. We have reproduced the issue and are working on resolving it. You will not receive much in the way of correspondence while they resolve this issue, however, you will be notified when the issue is fixed.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

RingCentral | Team of Experts
https://support.ringcentral.com

I couldn't send faxes via email because RC turned it off for no reason. They turned the entire feature off for my entire company. They claimed it was due to spoofing. But when they looked at the list of companies that they turned off, we were not one of them. I finally escalated it and they turned the feature back on. Very disappointed.

Having the same issue. Received no notifications whatsoever that we needed to update our DNS settings. Received no notification that our faxes were not going through, we just stopped receiving confirmation. I updated the DNS settings accordingly, and they still have not enabled our fax services. Case # 15077154 - unable to send faxes via email issue [ ref:_00D80aRUX._5002H1O2nS4:ref ]

I just held and spoke to a live human being at RC. The customer service rep acknowledged that almost ALL RC customers no longer can use the RC email-to-fax option. They have been getting calls for the past several days about the issue. The rep said that whatever RC did to tweak their system affected only certain groups initially, but apparently the outage is now widespread and affecting most customers. Who the heck knows if it really was a change to their security requirements, or something else, but now the problem has been escalated to their top technical support dept. and they are working on it. I asked if they could guarantee that the service would be restored by Friday, but of course they won't make any guarantees. It sounds like a hot mess over at RC.

I am having the issue, email to fax stopped working last Thursday as it was discovered. I have even updated an email address that is DMARC complaint and still having issues where faxing isn't working. This is costing the business time and money without being able to do outbound faxing. I have a ticket opened as well: Case #15091867. I have had no movement or comments on since it was opened up yesterday. I really need to get this fixed as well. Never has an issue before and we have been using this service since 2015.

Our email to fax hasn't worked for over 48hrs. I have a case# 15097679. We do not have an IT dept. to deal with this problem as we are an small office. Have not heard back from anyone on our case. Please take a look at our account.

Mary, good morning and thanks for monitoring this issue as I cannot open a support case. Has there been any update regarding the fax outage that was finally acknowledged yesterday? Has my account been included with others who have posted case numbers?

Sure. The support page kept showing errors yesterday when I attempted opening a new case. Fields that were complete then errored when attempting submission. Four fields repeatedly showed errors even though all information had been entered or selected from available options so I just gave up and came to the community.

Same problem here. Except that we've had SPF, DKIM and DMARC enabled on our email domain for quite a while. Something changed on ringcentral's end that they are now blocking our DKIM-certified email saying there is a problem with the DKIM record.

I have triple checked the record, and gmail still says it is successfully seeing the DKIM headers. I tried updating to a 2048-bit key, but no change on ring central's end.

I see lots of hits about ringcentral not parsing DKIM records properly. Hopefully they'll figure this out soon, otherwise we'll need to find a different provider.

In your best practices document you say to send "authenticated emails" to ringcentral. What do you mean by that? I authenticate to my email server of course, but I don't have a way to authenticate to ringcentral, right? I would be happy to connect directly to ringcentral to authenticate if you provided a method to do that, but I don't think you do.

Mike - do you have a solution for your customers who were already successfully using DKIM? We enabled DKIM just under 2 years ago and haven't had any problems with any provider since then, and Ring Central only started blocking them yesterday.

You should probably update your status page https://status.ringcentral.com/ to let your customers know you are having problems...