Skip to main content

Recently installed several new OBi302 ATA to connect a few fax machines. When faxing to a RingCentral Digital Line the fax rings the person's Deskphone/Desktop App/Mobile App for several rings before the fax goes through. We have a handful of the same devices that are configured the same way in RingCentral that bypasses the ringing the users apps and goes directly to fax. Is there a setting on the OBi302 ATA that controls this?

@Susan Pieroni you may contact Technical Support Team to have this settings corrected.

Create a case here.

The way I got around this was by logging into the admin portal. Under users with extensions, I selected the OBi302 device, then go down to call forwarding and voicemails, under that dropdown is the incoming call ring group. Mine had the desktop/mobile app set to ring a few times, so I just changed it to 0 rings/0 secs and it stopped it from occurring anymore

This is very helpful! Please try this @Susan Pieroni.

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Currently the Desktop & Mobile app are disabled and the fax telephone number is set to 15 Rings.

Anything else you can think of please let me know