Skip to main content
Question

first caller gets muted when a second call comes in

• 11 September 2024
  • 1 reply

we have an employee that whenever they’re on a call, and a second call comes in, the employee stops hearing the first caller until the second call stops ringing (no ringing sound).

i have tested that with her for quite some time. she is using the desktop app, and when she gets a call everything is okay, but when she is on an active call and someone calls her, she will stop hearing the person on the other side, until a few seconds after the the second caller hangs up.

while being on the call with her, i have called from several different numbers, both RC and external, and every time i saw her RC get an incoming call, she we stop hearing me.

1st suggestion
Sounds like it is working okay for you and only 1 employee is affected. Might be worth it to compare the Audio settings in the app between you two. Make sure your employee has the exact same audio settings as you. 

2nd suggestion
If above doesn’t help then you can trade headsets with your employee as a test. This isn’t about solving the issue, but about collectin as much info as possible about the issue.

3rd suggestion
Reinstall app / try the web app instead of the desktop app / try a different PC. - again, this is just ruling stuff in or out.

and a final nuclear option
Settings > Phone > Call waiting > Disable it to prevent 2nd calls from ringing if you are already on an active call.