Skip to main content

We never send texts, but occasionally a client will send us one or a website will send a login passcode via text to our primary number. We need to continue being able to receive texts, but have no desire or need to ever send texts. I have registered the company, but do we need a campaign? As we do not send texts, it seems we would quickly fall into the "fines" for not sending enough, and all the verbiage I have seen about having SMS getting disabled only references sending texts, but we cannot afford getting locked of receiving texts... I cannot find a definitive answer. Please help!

@Eric Ragland Existing numbers likely will still be able to receive SMS but there is a risk inbound sms could also be disabled.

For new numbers (after Dec 1) no SMS cannot be enabled at all because we can’t only turn on inbound capabilities.

So existing numbers will likely still be able to receive but will not be able to send. New numbers will not be able to do either.
Hope this helps, but if you have further questions, please feel free to share them here.