Skip to main content
Question

Transfering calls using PC app fails

• 8 August 2024
  • 3 replies

About 85% of the time, when I answer a call using the Ring Central App on my PC, and then transfer the call, I get a window “Transfer failed”. If I then go over to the desk phone and transfer that call it works fine. any ideas? Once in a while it works. Its a brand new PC, latest software, brand new network cables on fiber optics connection.

Hello, as a starting point, please make sure to report these incidents in app under Help - Report an issue. Thank you! 

Well Ring Central “help” is useless. endless hours of getting no where. Their support reacts as if They have no clue what I am talking about. I always believe in going to the source itself whom already experienced and figured out the solution. I and a manufacturer with 10 factories. I dont have time to spend for over week.

Best thing you can do is get 2 types of logs which capture the issue and give them over to RC support - their higher level support teams should be able to analyze them.
Follow this article:
https://support.ringcentral.com/article-v2/Extract-Debug-Logs-in-RingCentral-App-for-Windows-and-macOS.html?brand=RC_US&product=RingEX&language=en_US

The logs you need are:
- debug logs
- HAR logs

make sure to first reproduce the issue so that it is captured in the log files. For example attempt to transfer a call and if you get the error “Transfer failed” type in any chat in the app /debug-save

It’s up to you to decide if you want to capture both logs from a single call or if it is easier for you to do it with 2 separate calls. The important thing is that there is a failed attempt to transfer a call in the logs.