News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Need remote Access during Screen sharing in RingCentral Video
Tags: ringcenral video
Oct 21, 2020 at 12:37pm   •   19 replies  •  6 likes
Prakash Racharla

Need remote Access during Screen sharing in RingCentral Video

on Sep 22, 2021 at 9:12am   •  0 likes

While we wait and wait and wait for RC to restore a feature that existed before the current release, I found a MUCH easier workaround. Built into every Windows 10 OS is an app called Quick Assist. No special admin rights are needed, nor does anyone have to install third party software. Unlike other screen sharing and remote-control apps, this one can show ALL monitors at once (I've seen someone with three so far) and you can toggle focus on each monitor and the clarity is impeccable! Quick Assist does not have audio, so you'll have to make a phone call with the other person.

The downside is you can't quickly swap screen shares and it only works for one-on-one meetings. Well, you can sort of get around that. The host can share their screen with others while viewing the guests Quick Assist. The other downside is some functions are not controllable like controlling Task Monitor and Windows Services.

Hope this helps while we wait, and wait, and wait, and wait....

on Oct 13, 2021 at 8:52am   •  1 likes

As an IT support organization, it is critical that we have remote control access. Please expedite development to deliver this feature as quickly as possible or we will be forced to find another solution. Thank you.

on Sep 22, 2021 at 6:44am   •  0 likes

Can someone from RingCentral please provide an update on this? I just saw a second post from 6 days ago that states this is now pushed out until Q1 of 2022. Please say this isn't true as many of us have been waiting for better than a year for this to come out. We have had to resort to other means while doing support for our customers because we can't take control of their screens in RC Video nor can we get Admin access to install some softwares or change other admin features.

on Sep 22, 2021 at 8:29am   •  0 likes

@Angela Furney I understand the challenges this presents to your workflow.
I would recommend circling back with your account manager about this feature gap to see if they can review options.
Let me know if you'd like my team to start the conversation.

on Sep 22, 2021 at 8:36am   •  0 likes

Thanks for the response Becky. There are no options to review as the screen share does not allow taking remote control of the other person's screen with Video. I will reach out to our rep.

on Aug 10, 2021 at 11:55am   •  0 likes

I'm a SuperAdmin, and do not see the option to select RingCentral Meetings. We used to have it, but apparently it was removed from our account when the newer RingCentral Video was installed. It may be the level of service we have (small company - pretty basic). Hopefully the remote control will actually make it in Q4.

on Aug 9, 2021 at 3:33pm   •  0 likes

Becky, I already talked to Support - partner support. Thanks though!!! I wish I knew this feaure was not available or I would have been more proactive.

on Aug 9, 2021 at 2:57pm   •  0 likes

We are now in Quarter 4.. What is the ETA? Why is RC forcing accounts to switch when the product is not ready.

on Aug 9, 2021 at 3:09pm   •  0 likes

@ronda-tappan We're still in Q3, but we're expecting it next quarter. If you're not ready to move over, I'm happy to connect with your account manager and facilitate a deferment.
Reach out to the Community Team - Community.Support@RingCentral.com

on Aug 9, 2021 at 3:34pm   •  0 likes

Oh and clearly, I do not know when quarters stop and start. DUH!!!

on Aug 9, 2021 at 3:35pm   •  0 likes

I'm hanging on by my toenails over here, Ronda...so, I feel you!

Let me know if I can advocate for you or your customer further. Happy to try!

on Aug 9, 2021 at 3:23pm   •  0 likes

It's not for me, my RC customer and once a customer is on the new platform you cannot go back. This is such a bad thing, I have to meet with their management team tomorrow.... That is how bad things get when software companies go live without ensuring all features you had will still work on a new platform. This is incredibly disappointing.

on Aug 9, 2021 at 3:31pm   •  0 likes

I'm sure we can defer for the customer as well.
I'm sure we can sort something out. Please reach out and we'll connect with the partner teams to see what can be done.

on Jul 8, 2021 at 12:05pm   •  1 likes

Note the lack of any recent posts by someone from RingCentral. Very disappointing!

on Jul 8, 2021 at 2:07pm   •  0 likes

We understand this is a much-needed feature. We're awaiting word from the Product Team for an update and will share in this thread when they do.

on Jul 8, 2021 at 10:51am   •  3 likes

The ability to remote control and remote support administrative credential programs (UAC), needs to be in RingCentral Video before we can consider using that offering. We don't need just any control, we need administrator control, the type that was offer in standalone RingCentral Meetings desktop. To reiterate, we need to control and run program as administrator and troubleshoot with admin privilege. This is a must have, otherwise it is a showstopper for us.

on May 11, 2021 at 9:29am   •  2 likes

If this feature is not added soon, we will be forced to switch to another product.

on May 12, 2021 at 7:58am   •  0 likes

@Steven Loretero Please hang tough! The Product Team has announced that this will be available in Q4 2021. We will give you more updates soon.

on Dec 3, 2021 at 6:42pm   •  0 likes

Hi, looking for an update on the much needed remote access feature. Are we still looking at Q4? Thanks

on Dec 6, 2021 at 7:24am   •  0 likes

Hello @Robert Clarke, from the recent update, the Product Team moved to release in Q1 2022. We will update this thread if there are any changes. We know everyone has been looking forward to it.

on Nov 16, 2021 at 10:56am   •  0 likes

Any update on the timeline for this feature? We were informed we must transition to RC Video and remote control functionality is required.

on Nov 16, 2021 at 2:12pm   •  0 likes

@colin-bodkin My understanding is that this feature is coming in Q1 of 2022. We'll actively be tracking this and making sure to share here.

on Nov 17, 2021 at 10:08pm   •  1 likes

Around this same time last year (2020) they said it would be in Q1 of 2021. We're still waiting....

on Nov 23, 2020 at 5:46am   •  1 likes

+1 to remote control during screenshare

on Nov 24, 2020 at 3:50pm   •  0 likes

We just signed up as a new user because unlike Google Meet (which is included in our GSuite package) RC had remote control. It was disappointing to find out this function is missing from the updated unified app. I hope this feature will be added before our WebEx license expires in Feb 2021.

on Oct 27, 2020 at 3:22pm   •  1 likes

+1 we could really use this feature sooner rather than later. We want to move to RC Video for better UX but a few stragglers need remote support before they can move over.

on Jan 18, 2021 at 7:16am   •  1 likes

And what happened with the REMOTE CONTROL for the updated RingCentral Meetings? It was a feature we often used in the licensed RingCentral (Zoom) Meetings? It has been months since this was brought up, and we no longer have access to the older licensed product.

on Nov 9, 2020 at 1:02pm   •  2 likes

Also adding to request for the new RC Video to add remote access functionality -- It's similarly holding us back from migrating from RC Meetings. Glad you're working on and will look forward to it!

on Oct 21, 2020 at 1:11pm   •  0 likes

The solution is only on Ring Central Meetings (Zoom) platform. Unfortunately this platform is not offered to any new subscription. We need similar feature on on RingCentral Video platform.

on Oct 21, 2020 at 12:56pm   •  0 likes
on Oct 28, 2020 at 8:20am   •  5 likes

Hi @Prakash Racharla & @Alex Schittko,

The product team is aware of the feature gaps between Meetings and Video and are working to close this gap!

on Jan 29, 2021 at 11:57am   •  0 likes

Ring Central. Please add this function and the ability to share audio

1 Answer
answered on Aug 10, 2021 at 10:53am  

All if you log into RC admin portal and go to MEETINGS>VIDEO SERVICES - change the users back to RingCentral Meeting

1628617955225.png

on Aug 10, 2021 at 11:31am   •  0 likes

Thank you for the suggestion, but users who signed up sometime after October 2020, do not have those options. This was about the time RC integrated the Meeting and Video into one application. Prior to that they were separate applications.

answered on Jul 8, 2021 at 10:46am  

The ability to remote control and remote support administrative credential programs (UAC), needs to be in RingCentral Video before we can consider using that offering. We don't need just any control, we need administrator control, the type that was offer in standalone RingCentral Meetings desktop. To reiterate, we need to control and run program as administrator and troubleshoot with admin privilege. This is a must have, otherwise it is a showstopper for us.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us