question

Aleksandar Kovacevic avatar image
Aleksandar Kovacevic asked Phong Vu answered

lastModifiedTime for Team Messaging API posts when adding reactions

Hello,

We are currently working on an application that involves consuming the RingCentral API, specifically this endpoint.

Our application has a feature to indicate when a chat message has been edited by comparing the `creationTime` and `lastModifiedTime` fields. However, we've noticed that when a reaction is added to a message, it alters the `lastModifiedTime` of the post, which leads our application to incorrectly indicate that the post has been edited.

I understand that the API currently does not support reactions, but is there a particular reason why a reaction changes the `lastModifiedTime`? Can this behavior be adjusted on your end so that reactions do not change the `lastModifiedTime`, or is there another endpoint or method we can use to more accurately determine if the text of a message has been edited?

Any assistance or guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ringcentral apprest apimessage
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Confirm that this is the current issue. There is a request for having the reaction object in a post but that is not yet implemented. I request the team to consider not updating the LastModifiedTime for reaction activity but not sure if and when they would consider it.

Unfortunately, I don't have any workaround solution to this problem right now. Will let you know when I hear back from the team.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys