question

Sarah Sims avatar image
Sarah Sims asked Sarah Sims answered

Ring Central Desktop App Occasionally Shows a Strange Advertisement-looking box?

On a few of our user's computers, we've had the Ring Central desktop app showing a box that looks like and ad, with a button that says "Confirm Changes". Closing the app and reopening will not fix it, you have to close it, terminate all of the Ring Central background processes in task manager, and then reopen. This fixes the issue, but since we've had the report from a few different users now, I worry that one of them is eventually going to hit the button (no idea what it does). Has anyone else seen this?

ringcentral appbug
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Sarah Sims avatar image
Sarah Sims answered

Nevermind, after some snooping around, I figured out that what I was seeing was the bottom of the box that let's you change your cookie preferences. For some reason it was stuck at the top of the screen, near the searchbar. Weird and annoying, but not dangerous. I'm on version 22.1.31.2866.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys