News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Outbound Caller ID for Texts still not working
Tags: caller id
Sep 17, 2019 at 8:06am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
account12769

Since the recent update for the new RC desktop app from 19.8.1 to 19.9.1, the new Outbound Caller ID for Texts preference does not appear to work. It doesn't seem to matter which Outbound Caller ID I select for Texts, the texts always come from the same main company number just like they did before. I have tried multiple contacts and switched between main and direct numbers, I signed out of all apps and signed back in and the ability to send a text from another number still doesn't appear to work. Anyone else having this problem?

4 Answers
answered on Oct 23, 2019 at 8:26am  
Hi ACCOUNT,

I wanted to provide an update. We are experiencing a slight snag with the ability for the Company Fax/SMS Recipient to change their outbound SMS ID to the main number and for this change to be obeyed. Our Product Team is aware that this is not working properly and looking into it. You can open a case and include JIRA GLIP-25850 in your notes. You'll receive an update when the issue has been fixed.

answered on Oct 23, 2019 at 8:23am  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Texting from Main Company number in RC desktop app does not work. Since the recent update for the RingCentral desktop app from 19.8.1 to 19.9.1, setting the new Outbound Caller ID for Texts option to your Main Company number does not work. The option is visible and selectable, but will not send SMS from your Main Company number. Texting from the Main Company number works from the RC Phone app and the RC SMS API but does not work from the new RC desktop app, even if you are working from the operator extension.

answered on Oct 8, 2019 at 11:33am  
Texting from the Main Company number in the RC app still does not work, even when signed in as the Operator. I have put in 4 New Cases:

Case Number: 09415626 (put in 19 days ago)
Case Number: 09431257 (put in 17 days ago)
Case Number: 09448452 (put in 13 days ago)
Case Number: 09497518 (put in 6 days ago)

And still no one responds.

answered on Sep 18, 2019 at 9:30am  
Hi ACCOUNT, 

We haven't seen any other reports of this, I would open a case with Tech Support! 

Open support case online  

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us