News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Can we add additional key presses on our IVR Menu?
Tags: ivr
Jan 25, 2021 at 6:40am   •   2 replies  •  1 likes
Brittany Cummins

We would love to have the option to have more than 0-9 key presses then just the typical 10 buttons.

on Jan 25, 2021 at 6:45am   •  0 likes

Hi Brittany, you may submit a feature request in our Ideas Portal. For guidelines, please read article for Submitting and Voting for Product Ideas

1 Answer
answered on Apr 1, 2021 at 2:33pm  

I mean, I think there might be cleaner ways to do it. If you're using more than 10 options you might be getting a bit complex. You can always announce the key press and set a queue/ivr/extension as that key press.

So, say you want there to be "key press 10" and you want it to route to "sales queue" - create the queue, assign it as 10, and announce that in your menu. The client/inbound caller won't know any different. The only complexity will be for you to manage it, but even then it's not that bad. Realistically, I'd suggest using sub-menus to split up your options and handle inbound calls a bit cleaner.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us