question

Tom Jones avatar image
Tom Jones asked Mike Edwards commented

Can't delete blocked numbers

I can't delete any blocked number.

Furthermore I have a number "1" in the list somehow on the SuperAdmin extension and now no one can call any of our numbers, I called and escalated ... Still no solution 3 weeks now ... The developers said it is a "known issue" ... 15 year client and now our numbers are useless... Any ideas or suggestions / work arounds would be appreciated while we port away our numbers. Thanks.

admin portal
14 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image Anirban commented ·

Did you able to contact the technical support regarding this?

0 Likes 0 ·
Tom Jones avatar image Tom Jones Anirban commented ·

Thank you for your reply...

Yes its has been 3 weeks now... They stated "a known issue" and they "escalated to tier 2" and "no ETA" ... Unfortunately I feel the support is useless ATM, thus I reached out her for a workaround.

I tried deleting all the blocked numbers from phone app, web browser, incognito, etc.. they come back. I tried re-numbering extension 0 to 10 or 11 ... and not I can't have extension 0 anymore. This has been pathetic support to say the least for a company the size of RingCentral.

What I did is add the area code that I think might call us to the unblocked list .. Those work, but I have clients all over the US and Canada. I even tried adding "1" to the unblocked .. it didn't save.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Tom Jones, I will contact the Tier 2 Team for an update. It seems like there is already a workaround for your issue. Let me follow up on this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tom Jones avatar image Tom Jones mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you and please share as it has been 3 weeks that they escalated this known issue to tier 2 and no ETA.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Tom Jones commented ·

Hi Tom, I spoke with Tier 2, and they mentioned that the problem is within the version of your account. The Tier 2 team is making a follow-up and hasn't received an update yet. I will keep an eye on this and inform you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Jacinta H avatar image Jacinta H commented ·

Jacinta H
answered • 33 secs ago

I currently have the same issue and no follow-through or fix to this nightmare but excuses. Ring central is terrible on technical support and has gotten too big for their britches. Stop adding new features and fix what you have.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Jacinta H commented ·

Hello @Jacinta H, I know how inconvenient this is, but please hang tough! Our Product Team is working on it. We will follow-up with your case, too.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Edwards avatar image Mike Edwards mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
This is the reply I received from RingCentral regarding the issue of unable to delete blocked numbers.

Known Issue Update:
Users are unable to remove records from Blocked calls list.

We have identified the release schedule of this Known Issue fix. Please see the details below.

Known Issue Ticket Number: BUG-3481
Deployment Window: October 2021

Next Step: We will notify you after the successful release of the known issue fix.

If you have questions, please contact Global Support.

Thank you,
RingCentral Team

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Edwards avatar image Mike Edwards commented ·

I received an email 3 weeks ago that this issue had been solved but I haven't been back to see if it has.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app