question

sherri-whitehead9037 avatar image
sherri-whitehead9037 asked mary-community-moderator commented

RC Video invite making guests install app rather than open in a web browser

RC Video invite takes invited guest to a webpage that forces to install Ringcentral app page. I am using the link straight from the video meeting.. I thought Ringcentral Video was supposed to open straight into a web browser without the use of an app??!! What am I doing wrong?

video
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @sherri-whitehead, can you ask for a screenshot of the exact prompt they're getting?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered sherri-whitehead9037 commented

Here is a link where you can find to join the video from link without installing anything

https://www.ringcentral.com/us/en/blog/how-to-join-a-video-meeting/

Hope this help

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

sherri-whitehead9037 avatar image sherri-whitehead9037 commented ·

Good morning! Exactly what I was doing - however, instead of the webpage that says to enter your name and click join meeting - a webpage comes up that only gives the option to install the app. Some devices go to the correct join meeting webpage with the same link - but others do not. I am looking for 'that' solution - troubleshooting why some devices are not going to the 'join meeting' website with the link from the meeting. Thanks for taking the time to help!

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app