question

jason-hirsh15309 avatar image
jason-hirsh15309 asked jason-hirsh15309 answered

block unknown numbers

block unknown numbers. I receive multiple calls with invalid caller id. The best shown is unknown caller This has steadily increase since i moved to ring central. The system only allows me to block by specific number which sort of defeats the purpose of caller i’d. i want to block anything with invalid id

phone
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image Anirban commented ·

What kind of invalid number you want to block? Do you have any specific pattern? Unknown caller can be a valid number which is not in your contact. Could you please elaborate the kind or type of number? You can check the idea portal where these feature request are made.

An example will be following which is a feature request to block 5 digit number

https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/ENTCOM-I-78

0 Likes 0 ·
jason-hirsh15309 avatar image jason-hirsh15309 commented ·

"What kind of invalid number you want to block " I want to block those which are invalid duuuuuh, When caller ID is blank, or is unknown caller or unknown number I have no interest. that is zero interest in even allowing the number to ring me. This system seem to only block by specific number.. Once again, I want to block any invalid or unknown number.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @jason-hirsh, this call blocking feature is not available with RingCentral. Feel free to add a feature request in our Ideas Portal at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

jason-hirsh15309 avatar image
jason-hirsh15309 answered

thank you for your response.. Just another reason to ditch this inferior service

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app