question

Ext 45211 avatar image
Ext 45211 asked Ext 45211 answered

Ring Central React- getting currentconversationid from state

We want to build custom UI where we need to display list of messages (ConversationsPage) on the left side and right side display the conversation when user clicks on a message . By default currently when we click on a message in conversations panel, it displays the conversation as another page with back button.But we need to display both in the same page with two panels so that user doesn't need to do additional click for back button. For this we have added two divs in seaprate page and one div contains conversationspage and another div contains Conversationpage. But we need to pass "conversationid" parameter to the conversationPage. How can we get that value from the global state as I see we already have a reducer for the same. Thanks for the help.

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

While we welcome developers to help each other with different application programming issues in this community, I could say that there is less chance that you would get help for this kind of issue from here. I recommend that for issues which are not directly related to the RingCentral API platform, you should post a generic question on e.g. stack overflow where there are more developers with React JS experience to help you.

4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Ext 45211 avatar image Ext 45211 commented ·

Thanks @Phong Vu . As Ringcentral community building the Ringcentral react widgets, I thought this community gives better answer as they know how their components are designed. This is a major requirement so any inputs appreciated. Thanks for the response.

0 Likes 0 ·
Embbnux Ji avatar image
Embbnux Ji answered Embbnux Ji commented

Hi @Ext 45211 Do you use https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-js-widgets ? You can get conversation id in "phone.conversations.currentConversation" and other APIs in "phone.conversations".

2 comments
1 |3000

Ext 45211 avatar image Ext 45211 commented ·

@Embbnux Ji Thanks. We are using ringcentral-js-widgets. Is there a way we can override the styles of these components? For example , we don't want to display slidemenu extender button of messageItem in messages. Is there a way we override the property in our react app?

0 Likes 0 ·
Embbnux Ji avatar image Embbnux Ji Ext 45211 commented ·

For now, it doesn't provide props to hide that. You can hide them by css style. Or you can create your MessageItem.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ext 45211 avatar image
Ext 45211 answered

Thanks @Embbnux Ji I see we are using Pubsub / pubnub in the current react widgets. Do you have any documentation on the usage of that in ring central project. As end users, do we need to register with pubsub for this messaging. Please provide more resources to understand how it works. Thanks.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys