question

Kirt avatar image
Kirt asked Kirt commented

SMS Issue in Sandbox errorCode MSG-242

I'm using the Developers API reference tool to try out the SMS API for a sandbox and I'm getting the error below. Please advise.

curl --request POST \ --url 'https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/sms' \ --header 'accept: application/json' \ --header 'authorization: Bearer U0pDMTJQMDFQQVMwMHxBQUE4WGxONFJtR2lPSzdKanducHFqcEt0ZklJRTJJOFdoeUZEU3ZSUUI3a3RmYi1CSlFLXzNJR0t2ckNoM2pqcTBFV2J6RFB3dlhDb0x6bmQtdk5yTEJlQzFDQTRCaUM3dGd0dGpDdW5pUkZXbTBJOG96NXpLRWpibll1Nzh3QXJsZ0FRMk45WnYxSlZXZmxTYmFCZzVQalNjdGlVazBfTWhBcUN3WEZWTnVteFQzTS1md1ZzVGxFVzNfYkNfa21WNG0yYkFNc2otY3xzWnVqc1F8RlVjLU1XUWpISHk0S3lTeWptWWhnQXxBUXxBQXxBQUFBQUFzemRHbw' \ --header 'content-type: application/json' \ --data '{"from":{"phoneNumber":"+16502344837"},"text":"TEST","to":[{"phoneNumber":"##########"}]}'

403 Forbidden

{

"errorCode": "FeatureNotAvailable"

"message": "The requested feature is not available"

"errors": [

0: {

"errorCode": "MSG-242"

"message": "The requested feature is not available"

}

]

}

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Kirt commented

You should search a bit before posting to save your time.

Please read this post and submit a dev support ticket.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Kirt avatar image Kirt commented ·

I did search, thanks... and I saw a number of responses from you that just said "SMS has been enabled. Try again"

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys