question

john-crocker avatar image
john-crocker asked ·

Voicemail now reads caller id as a numeric

For about a week now, I have noticed that the caller id on any voicemails reads like a numeric number, so for instance, a number of 6105555555  will be read at the beginning of the voicemail as '6 billion, 105 million', etc, rather than just reading the number - six, one, zero...  Is there a new setting to get this back to the way it was before?  Thanks for any information.
General Topic
1 |1500 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered ·
That's interesting.  I had something similar happen today when I placed an outbound call via CarPlay with RingCentral and it read back one of the phone numbers that way.

I can't explain it, but I suspect it might have to do with the inbound caller ID option changes made recently.  Take a look at this thread to see how you can look and modify it:  https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/our-business-name-shows-on-inbound-calls-as-wel...

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hmmm...first I've heard of it, John. I'd suggest contacting Support so that they can review it

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered ·
Having same issue.  Was able to isolate down to Call Groups. 
Case Number:09123808
2 comments

We are having the same problem. When you say you were able to isolate it down to call groups, does that mean you found a solution? Thanks
1 Like 1 ·
Unfortunately no. All I can say is before RC upgrade it was fine - after, problem arose.  My ticket is almost 8 months old and CS was not sure when or if they can fix. 
0 Likes 0 ·
ben-johnson1 avatar image
ben-johnson1 answered ·
Has this been solved? My office is experiencing the same problem.
1 comment

Hey Ben, looks like this is a bug :/ Please open a case with Tech Support and include JIRA CNV-28823 in your notes. 
1 Like 1 ·
Jovan Jenkins avatar image
Jovan Jenkins answered ·
Following

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app