question

XP Admin avatar image
XP Admin asked XP Admin commented

WebHooks not being received

Hello,

We have been using RC WebHooks for the past 6 months without issue. Today, none of our webhooks are been sent/received. Is there an issue with the service? Do you have a service status page?

I have checked the expiration and the API responded that my webhook is active, and expires in 2036. I have manually tested my endpoint and it is working fine.

thank you

webhooks
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered XP Admin commented

I guessed that you are on the production environment. I just tested my app and confirmed that webhooks notification works as normal.

Has any thing changed to the deliver address? Can you delete the existing subscription and create a new one? Can you make normal post messages to your webhooks address?

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

XP Admin avatar image XP Admin commented ·

Hello Phong

Yes we're on production, nothing has been modified on our end, no address changes etc, and as mentioned on my OP I have tested my endpoint. My subscription is set to expire in 2036

I have created a new subscription as you suggested and I am now receiving notifications as expected. Do we know why my old webhook subscription has stopped working? The new and old are identical apart from the ID's and expiration times.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ XP Admin commented ·

It might be blocked for some reasons such as several failures due to network problem.

Next time when this happens, can you call the get subscription API and check the status (Active, Suspended, Blacklisted) of that subscription.

0 Likes 0 ·
XP Admin avatar image XP Admin Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Hello Phong,

Thank you for your input, but I have already said in my opening post that I called the Get Subscription API and the status returned active

"API responded that my webhook is active, and expires in 2036"

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys