question

Randy Caldwell avatar image
Randy Caldwell asked jenn-community-moderator answered

Does RingCentral really not offer caller id showing up on cell phones?

Hello,

I've got the caller id set to show as our company name when we call people. We want them to see the name of our company on their cell phones when we call. However, it either shows up as just the number itself or "unknown." Apparently, after talking to a RingCentral rep, caller id doesn't work at all with cell phones, only landlines. Is that really correct?

If that's the case, I'm having trouble understanding why any company that is trying to sell things would use RingCentral as a phone vendor. You can't make sales when your number shows up as "unknown" or just some random number instead of the company name, which clearly relates to exactly what our product is.

Am I understanding this correctly? There's really no way to have our company name show up on people's cell phones when we call them?

Thank you,

caller id
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered

Hello Randy, apologies! Yes, you are right; the call came from mobile does not recognize by our system. However, if the call came from a regular landline and a VOIP number, that will be visible. I would highly suggest posting your idea HERE. I will also share this with our Product Manager. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app