question

Thanasi Preovolos avatar image
Thanasi Preovolos asked mary-community-moderator commented

I had the option to blur my background on Video calls. That option has disappeared. When I go into settings, background & filters, there is no "filters" tab. How can I correct this?

video
11 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Are you referring to RingCentral Meetings or RingCentral Video?

0 Likes 0 ·
Thanasi Preovolos avatar image Thanasi Preovolos commented ·

RingCentral Meetings.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Thanasi Preovolos commented ·

We're checking on this with the product team, @Thanasi Preovolos.
When we hear back, we'll update you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Thanasi Preovolos commented ·

@Thanasi Preovolos This is a feature that we have in RCV, but not in RingCentral Meetings.
Not sure how to explain this functionality missing from Meetings.
We might encourage your team to explore moving to RCV which definitely has the functionality.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thanasi Preovolos avatar image Thanasi Preovolos Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Becky, maybe I am misunderstand. We have downloaded and migrated to the new RingCentral app as required. Everything is now in one place. Meetings through the app do not have this functionality. Is there a different version or app we are supposed to be using?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

I Only have the Virtual Backgrounds. I do not have the "Filters" option

1620927142084.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1620927142084.png (132.5 KiB)

Hmm, that looks correct for RingCentral Meetings.
I checked in with our Product Team and they indicated that we have never had that as a feature in RC Meetings.
Is it the case that you may have been using another Zoom instance?

0 Likes 0 ·

I don't think so. I was the host of the meetings where I used it. Also, I believe I found that option as an example on the internet when I did a search for blurred background on RingCentral. But I am an old married guy with kids, so it is possible that I am completely wrong - just ask my wife, she'll tell you. I chose to think of it as part of my charm. . . In all seriousness, I know that I have used three versions of RingCentral meetings. One from the Web, from the new RingCentral App, and from the old RingCentral App. It would have been either the old app or the web version.

0 Likes 0 ·

Ha! I don't think you're wrong at all!
No need to check with your wife! ;)
I'm positive you're VERY charming!

I'm wondering if the browser version has this.
Let me dig a bit further. Thanks for sharing the screenshot.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Thanasi Preovolos avatar image
Thanasi Preovolos answered mary-community-moderator commented

It is RingCentral Meetings

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

RingCentral Meetings doesn't have the blurred background available. You can use RingCentral Video instead. There are lots of great features available on it. Check out this link, https://support.ringcentral.com/article/RingCentral-Video-Overview.html

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app