question

Chishun Kwong avatar image
Chishun Kwong asked Phong Vu commented

Inbound call event To party extension

Hi, I have a subscription to the telephony events of my client, who is the Five9 customer. On the events I received via the webhook, for inbound calls, in the "to" party object, some have and extensionId, which I gather identifies the agent, and is what I need. However, some do not have extensionId, and I wonder what that means. For those, I do still have the called phone number, but not the extensionId.

Thanks!

subscription
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

An event without an extension id normally means an event of the other party on different account or different service. In that case, we don't have the extension id of the other party of the call.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chishun Kwong avatar image Chishun Kwong commented ·

Right, but this is an inbound call so I would assume "to" would be an agent? Actually, on further investigation I found that I was always receiving events in pairs, one for inbound and one for outbound at about the same time. I suppose it can be internal calls between two users of the same account, but those pairs of events always have the same ANI and DNIS, I would think if it is one user calling another the ANI and DNIS would be opposite for the two events. And for each pair, one will have extensionId in the "to" party while the other will not, very strange.

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Chishun Kwong commented ·

Internal calls should have all meta data including the extension id of the "from" and the "to" call parties.

See some details in this article.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys