question

WB - Jennifer Martinson avatar image
WB - Jennifer Martinson asked Phong Vu answered

"error":"invalid_client"

We are having an interesting issue where our program is unable to authenticate against the RingCentral API. I can use the same credentials within postman and it works fine. But when our program attempts to authenticate, it has lately been giving "error":"invalid_client" errors. I've double checked the client ID, client secret and JWT. It worked once and then all of a sudden is stopped working even though I could successfully use postman.

We previously had a bunch of errors come through so we turned off the app and then were fixing the problem. We turned the app back on and it works through postman but not through the program. Any ideas?

authentication
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

WB - Jennifer Martinson avatar image WB - Jennifer Martinson commented ·

I can authenticate into our sandbox just fine, just not production.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

You have to make sure that you use the right app client id and client secret for production. And also the JWT was issued for production.

If everything is correct and you still cannot authenticate. Submit a support ticket here.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys