question

Andrew Miller avatar image
Andrew Miller asked Phong Vu answered

Recipient not receiving full text message - only receive 153 characters of text message

I am using NodeJS Ring Central SDK to send text messages.

I am sending 202 characters long message to the recipient but the recipient receives only 153 characters of text messages instead of receiving the full-text message.

After sending a message in the app.ringcentral.com portal text history shows a error with the text "Message not sent".

ringcentral-text-error.png

How can I solve this issue?

sms and text messagingsdksending sms
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Some carrier does not support text message concatenation. When your text message is longer than 160 chars, we send the message in segments, each segment length is 153 chars.

You can verify this by sending the same message to different phone numbers, or send from your own mobile phone number.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys