question

Seshagiri S.T avatar image
Seshagiri S.T asked Phong Vu answered

Is JWT a super admin token?

Hi,

This is my first time integrating Ringcentral APIs. Hence pl bear with my questions.

We are developing a app which has two numbers given to our customers.

Let's say, for sales: 123456789 Ext: 100 and for service: 987654321 Ext 101

When users send an SMS to these numbers, we will read the text messages and process forward.

As I understand, We can implement JWT Auth flow for authenticating server-server calls. We can subscribe to message store through this api

/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/message-store

Can we use same JWT in production for accessing messages from both the numbers? like so

/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/100/message-store/instant?type=SMS

/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/101/message-store/instant?type=SMS

Or do we need to create JWT for individual users?

Is JWT created for only Superadmins or other users can create JWT too?

Thanks in advance

sms and text messagingauthentication
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Only the owner of a phone number can send text message from that phone number. In your use case example, you assigned each number to a different user (100 and 101). Thus, you will need the JWT token for each user in order to send SMS from the numbers.

For receiving instant SMS notification, a super admin user can receive SMS events of other extensions' though.

My question for you is that what is the reason to assign those numbers to different user extensions 100 and 101? Why don't you assign both numbers to the same user (e.g. 100). Then generate a JWT for extension 100 to authenticate your app and handle SMS.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys