question

Todd Stehle avatar image
Todd Stehle asked Welcome answered

Transfer a caller in the auto attendant without having them press a number

Can a call be transferred to an agent in the auto attendant without having to hit a digit? We would like to give the caller the option to dial an extension if they know it or stay on the line for the next available agent. If no action is taken by the caller lets say after 3 seconds, the call automatically transfers to the agent. It appears that we need to have the caller press a digit to go to an agent but I just want to make sure.

auto attendant
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Welcome avatar image
Welcome answered

you have the option to do that, but the caller has to listen to the IVR prompt an entire 3 times...
Pretty sure there is already a suggestion made to RC to have this be configurable - for example if caller enters no action connect to an ext. after listening to the prompt 1 time.

See picture related

1700069289606.png

There is 1 workaround to this, but I am not a fan of it. and it will work only if you renumber the extensions to match the key presses. For example

Key press 1 should be going to ext. 1
Key press 2 should be going to ext. 2

and so on.
If this sort of renumbering is fine by you, then I can go in deeper into this workaround.

1700069289606.png (40.3 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app