question

Ross avatar image
Ross asked Phong Vu answered

Add "substitute caller IDs/forwarded number" via the API?

Hi, I know it is possible to add Phone Numbers to the Inventory via the API but is it possible to add a Phone Number to the account as a "substitute caller IDs/forwarded number" via the API?

In Service, these are added via the "Add substitute caller IDs/forwarded numbers" link but there is a max of 20 per upload. I have several thousand to add so hoping to automate.

rest apiporting and number transferphone numbers
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Can you help taking and posting a small screenshot of the area on the admin portal where you can upload max 20 numbers. I will try to check from the platform API when I know where exactly it is on the admin portal.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ross avatar image
Ross answered

Hey, thanks for the reply. Sure.

Under Phone System -> All Numbers -> the three dots next to Add number bring up a sub-menu where you can request to Add a substitute caller ID/ forwarded number (1st image). Clicking that link sends you to the Add substitute caller ID/forwarded number form (2nd image)

The form only allows for us to upload 20 DDI's at a time, its that I want to automate...

add-number.png add-number-form.png

add-number.png (16.3 KiB)
add-number-form.png (22.3 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Thanks for the clarification.

It might be possible but you have to submit a dev support ticket with your account details so the support team can assess the requirement and help you.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys