question

Donovan Miner avatar image
Donovan Miner asked mark Brown answered

Voicemail notification issues.

We have RingCentral set up for our support department and are set up to receive notifications of afterhours voicemails. However, our issue right now is that the SMS messages are not sending to Verizon. According to many other forums Verizon disables the feature if it's being used for commercial purposes. Which RingCentral utilizing their ##########@vtext.com feature is a commercial purpose. When I have notifications set up on an ATT number it works fine. The issue is that our company phones are Verizon.

Does anyone have a better solution for afterhours voicemail notifications? Our old phone service would call us for notifications and that would be preferable, except I've read where RC won't support that.

Any assistance would be great.

sms and text messagingvoicemailnotifications
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

john-oliphant avatar image
john-oliphant answered

We send them to a shared email account that is available to all our support staff.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mark Brown avatar image
mark Brown answered

We had the same issue with a few workers, so we came up with a workaround,

In Outlook (Same in Gmail, etc.), we have set a rule to forward any email notification that contains certain text (in our case, "You have a new voice message:") to text.

You can do that with Verizon via picture text, which is @vzwpix.com or @mypixmessages.com (you can test the address by emailing a picture from the phone to your email address, -instead of the number put in an email address- ).

(Additionally, the voicemail is attached as an audio clip in the text, so you can listen right from your phone.)

I hope this helps.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys