News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Mobile App: How do I edit or delete contacts on iPhone?
Tags: contacts, hardware, ringcentral app
Jul 23, 2014 at 10:16am   •   9 replies  •  0 likes
Thomas Crumudgeon Hasara
How do I edit or delete contacts from iPhone App?  It is clear how to find or add new contacts, but I do not see how to update a number, or add a second number, or even delete a contact I no longer want.

I figured out how to do it from the website version, but not from the mobile app.

Thanks!
9 Answers
answered on Aug 28, 2015 at 11:21am  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled contacts in Iphone app.

Whenever I try to look at my personal contacts in my iphone app, they do not appear, and if I try to add one, it says "this app does not have access to your contacts--You can enable access in privacy settings."

I can't find out where to do this! Can someone please direct me?

answered on Aug 28, 2015 at 11:20am  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled iPhone app contacts. So I noticed that the Standard plan does not have Inbound Caller ID.  What happens when I receive a call using the VoIP app on my iPhone and the contact's number is stored in my phone (not stored in the VoIP app)?  Will the VoIP app still display the caller's name since it's stored in my phone?

Thanks in advance.

answered on Aug 28, 2015 at 11:31am  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Transferring Contacts to Iphone6. How do I transfer my contacts from RingCentral on my pc to my Iphone

answered on Aug 28, 2015 at 11:22am  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled RingCentral iPhone App Creating Duplicate and Incorrect Contacts. When I call a contact from my address book within the ringcentral app on ANY iphone NOT using VoIP, a NEW contact is created with the person I just called name and the CALLER ID phone number (main company phone number). Now I have a duplicate contact with our office number and the customers name. This happens EVERY TIME we call a customer so please imagine how many contacts that is creating. Ring central acts like this is only happening to me. That cannot be the case! Anyone having this problem? Have you fixed it?

answered on Aug 6, 2015 at 11:28pm  
iPhone Data Eraser can erase iphone contacts easily. You can deleted all the contacts from iPhone directly. You can have a try. Hope this helps!

answered on Jul 1, 2015 at 3:55am  

Want to delete all the contacts on you iPhone, or want to erase all data from ios devices . Here I want to recommend to use Coolmsuter iOS Eraser, which allows you complete Wipe and clean iphone add data includes contacts, messages, account info, videos,photo,apps,music, passwords and other personal data stored on ios devices.

answered on Apr 23, 2015 at 9:27pm  
You can try iOS Eraser found on this site http://www.smart-iphone-recovery.com/ to delete the contacts from your iPhone permanently, which can help you make the contacts unrecovable.

answered on Nov 20, 2014 at 11:22pm  
Here's a guide to help you delete contacts from iPhone.

answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 6:33pm  
Hi Thomas.  The mobile app pulls your contacts from either your personal or company contacts lists.  To delete or edit a personal contact do it from the native contacts list in iOS and it will be automatically updated in the mobile app.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us