News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Personal Contacts Import - Field Population Issue
Tags: contacts
Jun 29, 2017 at 11:16am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
richie

I imported my contacts from a CSV file from a file that originated from our company's QuickBooks file which was exported to Excel. I changed all of the field names to agree with the contact fields in RingCentral. I then imported successfully (or so it appeared) with no error messages. However, the "Business Address, Business Address2 and Email" fields did not populated under my personal contacts. Any suggestions as to why or what I am doing incorrectly? Thanks!

4 Answers
answered on Dec 16, 2019 at 10:05pm  
how do I transfer file to rc file phone number wont pop up

answered on Jun 30, 2017 at 8:45am  
Oh, one more item...can I delete all of my contacts in one fell swoop prior to importing my correctly mapped RC exported file.

answered on Jun 30, 2017 at 8:43am  
Yessssssssss...crazy customer support couldn't articulate this to me.  Fantastic answer.

answered on Jun 30, 2017 at 7:16am  
It's a little hard to say, but here's what I would suggest trying.  Instead of editing the column headings in the Quickbooks file,  export the customer list from RingCentral, then copy/paste the data in the colums from the QuickBooks file into the RC exported file. Then import that updated file.  This will assure there are no errors in the column headings and everything maps over correctly.

Let us know if you still have problems.

Mike

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us