question

Toby K avatar image
Toby K asked Phong Vu commented

Hyperlink formula field for ring central

Requirement: On a custom object list view I need to display a phone number field as a Ring Central Phone number link.

How can I make a formula field on a custom object that connects the call to ring central. Currently using a formula field set to a phone url link like HYPERLINK("tel:" + Contact__r.Phone, Contact__r.Phone, "_self"). Is there a URL in place of "tel:" that can be used to call RingCental functionality? Is there a url i can use to replace "tel:" that would call ring central functionality. Currently will open as a phone link but now ring central link

salesforce
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

What you are looking for is called URI scheme. Here are the 2 options

<a target="_blank" href="rcapp://r/dialer?number=[phonenumber]">Dial this number</a>
<a target="_blank" href="rcapp://r/call?number=[]phonenumber">Call this number</a>

Dialer will launch the dialer with the specified number and wait for the user to dial.

Call will launch the phone pad and start calling the specified number immediately.

7 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Toby K avatar image Toby K commented ·

I am doing it with a formula field not HTML. I should be able to make use of that link however. Let me know if you have what a formula field would look like

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Toby K commented ·

I haven't tried it but it should work. Try and let me know too.

0 Likes 0 ·
Toby K avatar image Toby K Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I attempted it like this and it does not seem to be working.

HYPERLINK("rcapp://r/call?number=" + '[]' + Contact__r.Phone, Contact__r.Phone, "_self")
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys