question

Medmo Admin avatar image
Medmo Admin asked Phong Vu commented

Anyone experience issue with Fax in sandbox account

We are trying to send out fax and receive fax in our sandbox account. But have no luck.

I notice the "To" values are always overwritten to the below regardless of what we put in.

"to": [
    {
      "recipientId": "8322067004",
      "phoneNumber": "+625328625328",
      "messageStatus": "SendingFailed",
      "faxErrorCode": "ProhibitedDestination"
    }
fax
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Can you clarify this "I notice the "To" values are always overwritten to the below regardless of what we put in." Was the recipient number an international phone number?

8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Medmo Admin avatar image Medmo Admin commented ·

Hi Phong,
So essentially, we put in a USA fax phone number from RingCentral (our sandbox fax number: +18582470309) but when I check the payload, the to number is to an international number, and it just fail saying destination not found.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Medmo Admin commented ·

Just to confirm. So you cannot send a test fax from your production account to your sandbox main company number (+18582470309), right? I check your account log and see a few in and out faxes received and sent successfully.

screen-shot-2023-06-13-at-73434-am.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Medmo Admin avatar image Medmo Admin Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

can you send from sendbox fax to sendbox fax number?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys