question

Jennifer Yang avatar image
Jennifer Yang asked Matthew Rafacz commented

Windows app freezes completely, requiring hard kill

My Windows app freezes completely and quitting and restarting doesn't help. I have to actually launch a Task Manager and kill the app and then restart it. By freeze what I mean is, tapping on anything on the app has no response. This seems to occur when I switch WiFi network, although I am not 100% certain. Has anyone seen this? It is pretty annoying! Now I have a work around it is not a blocking issue, but it seems like a bug.

I also notice, when I "quit" the app from the menu, there are still RingCentral processes lingering when I look at Task Manager.

bug
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Andrew Lovelace avatar image Andrew Lovelace commented ·

I'm also having the same issue, except there doesn't seem to be a trigger that's causing it to freeze. Very frustrating.

1 Like 1 ·
Brandon Patton avatar image Brandon Patton commented ·

We're getting more and more users reporting the same behavior. In our case, it's mostly noticeable when they undock or dock their laptops (thus changing networks).

Desktop:23.3.12.7824 Windows (x64) 2023-07-21 03:04:52

1 Like 1 ·
Mike Burnett avatar image Mike Burnett Brandon Patton commented ·

We are having this same issue. We will pay attention to it more, but the users experiencing the issue do seem to be the users that are moving their laptops around more. Either way, it is something that has just recently started happening.

1 Like 1 ·
Mark Scott avatar image Mark Scott commented ·

Same issue - been happening on Windows 10 for ~ a month+. Everytime I want to send a text or make a call I need to use task manager to kill it and then relaunch. It seems that while RCentral is frozen, I can answer calls on my laptop and incoming txts do show up as notifications in my Outlook inbox. Cannot pull up the app from the task bar to create a message, send a fax, nor make an outgoing call. Maximizing does nothing when in frozen state. No clearly identified triggers/direcgt cause-effect.

1 Like 1 ·
Cameron Hampton avatar image Cameron Hampton commented ·

I just want to add that my users are experiencing this as well. Have attempted numerous uninstall/reinstalls and it is still occurring for a wide variety of my 400+ users. It's beginning to be frustrating to explain that it seems to ben RC app issue that I simply can't resolve. RingCentral would do well to address this in a forum post, as it is too widespread to continue ignoring.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthew Rafacz avatar image Matthew Rafacz commented ·

It's happening to me too. Their suggestion was to use the web-based portal. Then, they wanted me to take a video of it freezing (I don't know how that helps them debug it, it's like they don't believe me even though lots of other people have this issue). Then, they want to login with my user name, like that's the problem.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

Hey all, I appreciate everyone sharing their thoughts on this matter. It looks like a few of you have already taken the necessary steps and submitted a ticket. I suggest that everyone do the same so that the Tech Support team can keep an eye on things and take appropriate action.

https://support.ringcentral.com/new-case.html

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app